Translate

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Teodora was a woman who was born of conflagrations, revolutions and world war.

She had understood at a very early age that her survival was simply a matter of mistrust of nation-states, government officials, and weak men.

Teodora was born into wealth but she realized very quickly that all matters related to money were, at best, transient, and at worst, deceptive.


The Russian Revolution, splayed out in front of her homestead in Moscow, reinforced the notion that wealth had no privilege when the poor or, more specifically, those who advocated for the poor, like the Bolsheviks, had only one goal in mind. Theirs was the redistribution philosophy wherein the wealthy give all the gold and possessions they had to those who carried and wielded the weapons of destruction—guns, knives, torches.


Teodora accepted at a pre-pubescent age that power comes out of the gun. It was as simple as that. Stalin’s primordial philosophy of this type of evolution was quickly accepted by Teodora who vowed that she would leave Russia as soon as it was possible.


Interestingly enough, the only really viable memory Teodora ever had of the Whites and Reds fighting in the Moscow streets was the Typhus Plague, and not flashbacks of bullets or gun muzzles.


Until the day she died, some seven decades later, her one and only fear was always Typhus—a debilitating condition where fever, diarrhea, and death find common ground.


Her vivid memory of the ravaging effects of Typhus Fever had more to do with a young aspiring Russian poet who died in her arms in a spasm of death. She would retell this haunting scene over
and over again without any elaborations or accompanying details. For her, it was sufficient to say that at the age of thirteen (or was it fifteen?) she had known death as only one who had loved could understand and bear for the rest of her natural life.


In fact, it would not be too melodramatic or even a hyperbole to suggest that Teodora’s life throughout the Russian Revolution; World Wars I and II; as well as, the Cold War was suffused with one emotion above all others—love.


Love of men; love of her children; and love of her family.
When she too was in the throes of death’s lethal infusions of pain, she would mutter these words to her eldest son: 


“Don’t forget to love. That’s all you will remember. . . Love! The rest you forget! The pain; the hurt; the mistakes; and the anger. Love, my son, be in love and be loved!”

Those were her dying words. Believe me, I know. I was the one who pulled her off life support.


See more...

https://stevepieczenik.com/teodora.html



6 comments:

  1. I bet you miss your Mum, I miss mine. I had to decide on the Morphine that took her away.I can still here her voice in certain situations, usually saying something outrageous or funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life became devastated when my husband sent me packing, after 8 years that we have been together. I was lost and helpless after trying so many ways to make my husband take me back. One day at work, i was absent minded not knowing that my boss was calling me, so he sat and asked me what its was all about i told him and he smiled and said that it was not a problem. I never understand what he meant by it wasn't a problem getting my husband back, he said he used a spell to get his wife back when she left him for another man and now they are together till date and at first i was shocked hearing such thing from my boss. He gave me an email address of the great spell caster who helped him get his wife back, i never believed this would work but i had no choice that to get in contact with the spell caster which i did, and he requested for my information and that of my husband to enable him cast the spell and i sent him the details, but after two days, my mom called me that my husband came pleading that he wants me back, i never believed it because it was just like a dream and i had to rush down to my mothers place and to my greatest surprise, my husband was kneeling before me pleading for forgiveness that he wants me and the kid back home, then i gave Happy a call regarding sudden change of my husband and he made it clear to me that my husband will love me till the end of the world, that he will never leave my sight. Now me and my husband is back together again and has started doing pleasant things he hasn't done before, he makes me happy and do what he is suppose to do as a man without nagging. Please if you need help of any kind, kindly contact Happy for help and you can reach him via email: happylovespell2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Dr.P all you're mom told you was that the mind tends to repeat pleasant memories and suppresses unpleasant ones. If you wanna make a romantic statement out of that go ahead. But as for myself I hang onto the unpleasant memories too because those are the ones you learn from. You learn nothing from only remembering the pleasant things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to let the world know about Doctor abel the Great spell caster that brought back my husband to me when i thought all hope was lost. Doctor abel used his powerful spell to put a smile on my face by bringing back my man with his spell, at first i thought i was dreaming when my husband came back to me on his knees begging me to forgive him and accept him back and even since then he loves me more than i ever expected so i made a vow to my self the i will let the World know about Doctor abel because he is a God on earth. Do you have problems in your relationship ? have your partner broke up with you and you still love and want him back ? Do you have problem with your finance ? or do you need help of any kind then contact Doctor abel today for i give you 100% guarantee that he will help you just as he helped me. Doctor abel email is: bantespelltemple@gmail.com or whatsApp him +2347059073543

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnose with human papilloma virus (HPV) 4 years ago and i met a doctor he told me there is no cure and i have be taking some medication the warts multiplied when trying to removed them and it got me embarrass and pains, luckily few weeks ago i was recommend to Dr Onokun for natural treatment after one week i got 100% cure and all the wart and pains got disappeared, i sheared this post because its part of my life experience, encase anyone need speedy help about this cure email Dr Onokun via, dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete